If you suffer from seasonal allergies, the change to every new season can bring a heightened degree of misery. After all, every season brings certain allergens – pollen, mold spores, dust, et cetera.
A primary care provider can perform individualized allergy tests and prescribe or recommend treatments that can help set you free from the limitations imposed by seasonal allergies. Let’s talk about how a primary care healthcare provider can determine the cause of your allergy and explain your treatment options, and where you can go in the Midlands for allergy testing and treatment so you can finally enjoy every season.
What a Primary Care Provider Can Do for Seasonal Allergies
Allergy treatments have come a long way. Today, a primary care provider can customize treatment according to your lifestyle and preference. This healthcare professional can guide you to the appropriate treatment and provide all the support you need to effectively manage your seasonal allergies.
- First, you must find out what you are allergic to. A primary care doctor can perform an allergy test – which is usually a skin-prick test – to determine what is causing your allergy. A diagnosis is needed to start allergy treatment.
- Second, the healthcare professional will design a treatment plan to help you control your seasonal allergies so they no longer limit your life. Techniques such as checking the day’s pollen count in your area, taking an allergy medication, and (if your primary care provider deems it appropriate for you) allergy shots which help you become desensitized to the specific allergen. Desensitization can reduce the severity of your allergy response, so this is often part of a comprehensive allergy treatment plan.
Primary care providers look at the big picture when it comes to treating patients for allergies. With their broad scope of medical knowledge and experience, they can help you improve your life – including implementing holistic treatments, which may involve lifestyle adjustments.
Your seasonal allergies may be getting worse, but treatments are getting better. To find out the latest allergy treatments available to you, you need to see a medical professional.
When to See a Primary Care Provider for Seasonal Allergy Treatment
Signs that it’s time to see a primary care provider include:
- You’re experiencing a worsening or lingering of symptoms
- You have asthma and/or skin allergies
- You’ve developed complications such as sinusitis (sinus inflammation)
- Over-the-counter allergy medications do not bring relief
- You’re feeling a decline in your quality of life and chronic fatigue
Primary Care Provider for Allergy Treatment in the Midlands
Our primary care doctors and healthcare providers at SC Internal Medicine Associates & Rehabilitation will help improve your health so you can live a better life all year long, despite the changing seasons. To schedule a consultation with one of our primary care providers, call us today at (803) 749-1111 or fill out our convenient appointment request form now. We look forward to helping you take back control of your life, and not let seasonal allergies get in the way anymore!